Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Responsible Travel

Sorry I've been M.I.A. in the blogging world. Recovering from my push back into reality. That's the bad thing about traveling and then having to go back to an office. It really kicks your ass sometimes.

But however, I digress.

I got my responsibletravel.com news blast in my inbox today and I felt the need to share their goodness. One day I really am going to take one of these trips. They look great. And each trip they offer has a "How This Holiday Makes a Difference." Which I love. I guess its to make me feel less guilty for my huge carbon footprint from all these airplane rides and hour-long commutes.

Some trips I'm dying to take:

Sri Lanka: http://www.responsibletravel.com/Trip/Trip900089.htm
It's gotten some great reviews to.

"The chance to create your own experience in Sri Lanka with support from local guides is what I like about this trip. It gives you the freedom to move at your own pace and be spontaneous but still benefit from local knowledge. Visiting the Buddhist monasteries in Kandy and seeing the Kandyan dancers and drummers would have to be the highlights; a magical experience."
- Lani, responsibletravel.com

This review makes me want to jump on a plane now!
The Perahela in Kandy was breathtaking. A huge parade of elephants, fire juggling, dancers and drummers. The atmosphere was nothing like I have experienced before and I’m not sure I ever will. A truly memorable evening. A very close encounter with a bull elephant in Minereya National Park also got the pulse racing, as it charged towards the open topped safari jeep I was in. I wanted an up close and personal elephant experience, which is why I chose Sri Lanka, but this one was pretty terrifying!

Sea Kayaking: http://www.responsibletravel.com/Trip/Trip900369.htm

So I may be able to do this in my backyard, but this just looks like a beautiful setting and so much fun! I truly unique experience? I've always been an Irish/Scotish history nerd, so this could definitely be cool: An exciting selection of guided sea-kayaking trips exploring the wild coasts of Scotland. With itineraries available for all levels, from complete beginner to seasoned paddler, make this the year that you explore Scotland from the sea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact