Friday, February 27, 2009

Can I have that house?

So New Urbanism is my new favorite. These little, and many not so little, cottages and homes in Beaches of South Walton are to die for. I think that if I hadn't grown up on the beach, then Id be more appreciative. But even for someone who has had the beauty of the white sands of the Gulf called my home my entire life, it never ceases to amaze me the natural beauty of it all.

And add some amazing architecture and great amenities and its my slice of heaven.

Water Color has gorgeous interiors in their inn and their conference space makes me want to host a meeting. Its gorgeous. Their Fish Out of Water restaurant has some great interior spaces as well... notice the hand blown glass thats supposed to resemble sea outs in the details throughout the restaurant. You can't buy it anywhere...it was done by an apprentice of some really great artist? Sorry, I'll have to look that up latter. Not great on details when you have a whirlwind tour.

Loving Seaside the best though. You have to see the townhouses that are in front of the chapel. Some of the most unique architecture I have ever seen in my life. It has a New Orleans-style and feel to it, but the drastic differences in the architecture and style in these houses is amazing. There's two that are very art deco with a modern twist. Im so in love.

Where's my rich husband so I can buy these second vacation homes? I wonder where there are so many people with all this money.

Travel writers can only view these kind of places... that we will never be able to afford on our shoe string budgets. Its a nasty world ;)

More later... off to get a spa treatment at the Hilton Sandestin. So my travel writing lifestyle isn't SO bad ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact