Thursday, February 19, 2009

Im a city girl right?

So I was more than a little apprehensive about this entire 'cowboy out West' and 'we're in Bush country' and 'you want me to shoot something' press trip. I'm a city girl, even if my Southern family has tried to convert me... maybe SLIGHTLY successfully... to the more country and Southern side of life.

So far I'm impressed though. The owner seems like my mom's best friend type of person... and great staff that seems to thoroughly enjoy what they do.

And WoundedWarriorProject.org. Check it out. Apparently they host this group for a few days and owner Anne Skipper is so passionate about it. Its def a great organization and I'll def be looking more into in the future.

I'm also in love with this view! The Danger Rocks and Snakes sign did give me a little bit of the creeps though, FYI. Just for warning though, if anyone does decide to come here in February its a bit chilly and cold. Its been in the 40s and 50s.









I'm really impressed by the details they put into the decorations in the suites. Each suite has a different theme based on the history of the ranch. Mine was based on Fort Belknap, a fort built in 1851 to 'help' settlers defend themselves against Native-Americans in the area. For more info, see Wildcatter's site. For a listing of the history of all 16 suites, try here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact